I am pleased to announce the release of my new book for PhD students, Doctoral De-Stress: How to Thrive on Your PhD Journey, which is now available for order.
‘You’re a PhD student; you’re meant to be stressed out.’
Does this motto sound familiar to you? Have you simply accepted that obtaining a doctorate must be stress-inducing? The process of completing a PhD is a huge investment of time, energy and money. Although it can feel like a long and bumpy road for many students, the truth is that it doesn’t have to be a struggle.
Doctoral De-Stress: How to Thrive on Your PhD Journey features the top 40 challenges that doctoral students face and tips to overcome them. You will learn how to:
- Cultivate a better relationship with your academic supervisor.
- Work through writer’s block, procrastination and perfectionism.
- Sustain your motivation throughout the PhD, and reconnect to what inspires you about your research.
- Overcome presentation anxiety and manage an academic Q&A session with greater confidence.
- Balance your competing commitments – from job applications and conferences to teaching and publishing.
- Navigate unexpected challenges that arise during your PhD journey and prepare for your viva.